Temporarily Closed On Mondays
Temporarily Closed On Mondays
· PICK-UP: Artists must come in on Thurs April 06, 2023 - Fri April 07, 2023 from 11-4 to pick-up unsold artwork. NO EXCEPTIONS
Event Dates June 19 – June 24
Show dates June 23- July 28, 2023
Exhibit A is excited to host the 2023 Plein Air event. What a fantastic week this is going to be. You will paint in the outdoors, throughout our community for up to 6 days, and then join our select art patrons on Friday evening 5-7 PM for an artist’s mingle. Saturday June 24th 11-3 PM. will be an additional meet and greet as all will come together for a sale of your works. Artwork not sold during this gathering will be on display, for sale, through July 28. What a perfect landscape our community has available; paint the tower, paint the store fronts of our boutique shops and local restaurants and of course, the famous Grandview drive!
All artists must commit via e-mail ONLY to email@example.com
Subject heading must read: PLEIN AIR COMMITMENT
Commitments to participate must be completed by May 10, 2023 to qualify.
Upon acceptance, artists must make available a brief bio and artist statement.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
· Painting days June 19 - June 23, 2023 There is no time limit.
· Optional painting day during Artists Meet & Greet Saturday June 24, 11-3. This will be an added non mandatory opportunity for the public to get an in-depth look at what plein air painting is all about. It is recommended to paint some what near the gallery and Prospect Rd.
· Stop in to have your paper or canvas stamped at Exhibit A Gallery and validated between June 15 - 19 during business hours
· Only stamped and validated artwork will qualify to be exhibited through show dates
· Let me know where you are painting so I can share with art patrons.
· Please do not sell your works during painting days. Works must be purchased on Friday June 23, 5-7 PM and or June 24, 11-3 PM.
· Email images of your paintings and yourself painting. I will post on social media several times throughout each day.
· Artwork created for the final exhibit must be turned in June 23, 2023 by 1 PM
· PAINTINGS MUST BE FRAMED This event takes planning on your part. All artwork must be professionally presented, framed and must be wired for hanging.
·You may drop off up to 5 paintings to be exhibited
· MANDATORY PAINT OUT DAY: Wed June 21, 2023 from 11-2
· Artists paint on location anywhere between Prospect & Glen and Prospect & Marietta
· The purpose of this is to really showcase what Plein Air painting is all about (on location painting)
· This is truly an outdoor painting event. Touch up or studio time on your works can be no more than 5% per painting.
· It’s recommended you disclose your location as we will be following artists on social media to help promote this event.
· Artist location must be within a 25 mile radius of Exhibit A Gallery
· All paintings must be for sale
·Artwork must be labeled on the back with your Name, Title, Medium and Retail Price
·Artists will set the price of all paintings. A provided inventory sheet must be filled out prior to drop off and must accompany paintings. Commission will be 70% to the artist and 30% to the gallery.
·Artist courtesy on social media is expected. Your comments and shares help promote your work, your fellow exhibitors and Exhibit A Gallery.
·For the first time MONETARY AWARDS will be given. Judging will take place June 23 at 4:00 p.m. and the awards will be presented on at 5:30 PM.
·Liability: The artist agrees to bear all risks and expense for any loss or damage to their artwork, personal property or injury to themselves. Artists must insure their own artwork.
·PICK-UP: Unsold artwork pickup is July 29 from 11-3. NO EXCEPTIONS
·Selected unsold paintings may be considered to be displayed and for sale during a silent auction on November 11, 2023 for the 125th Celebratory Gala. More information TBA.
Please direct questions to Barb Milaccio @ firstname.lastname@example.org